2018 was a busy and successful year for APM. With the investment in new technologies and resources we hope to reach our goals to offer user friendly and modern software to support airlines with their operations.
Here are our top achievements:
1. First of all, we have and are continuing to expand. During 2018 we:
2. 2018 saw the start of our 3-tier architecture project. This began with moving our Scheduling tool, SchedulePlanner over to new technologies. We are using the latest web technologies to deliver the software via the cloud or server based.
These developments will allow users to easily change between multiple languages, with a new design that is easy to use whilst maintaining the full set of rich features and functionality of our comprehensive scheduling module. Reduced IT costs due to this project will be just another huge benefit for our current and new clients. We are aiming for this to be complete, tested and ready to release in summer 2019.
3. More and more of our customers are choosing to use further products and services from the APM range. These investments allow us to further develop and improve our current offering and strengthen our products.
4. Significant improvements have been made to our crew rostering optimiser. These developments and improvements in algorithms now enable users to optimise a month’s roster for up to 2400 crew in just 4 hours which is 60% less time than at the start of 2018.
5. The development of a new map in our scheduling and operations modules. This will enable users to view flight plans/routes on a map and depending on data feed, the live location of the aircraft
6. We are now using new technology for our services, moving from SOAP to restful.
7. Huge improvements have been made to the way we handle and manage Code Share’s. We have developed more functionality for our clients that deal with multiple Code Share partners Including the generation and ingest of IATA messages with Code Share DEI’s.
8. We have been working all year on a Vacation project to allow users to manage crew vacations better and easier.
9. Major improvements and developments made to services to automate more and more processes, especially the automation of sending SSIM’s to Code Share partners without users needing to do a thing.
10. In 2018 we had a goal to test more and reduce our SLA count to ensure we deliver more robust software and a smoother service to all our clients. Since 2012 we have reduced this number by more than 70%.
11. We achieved our ISO 9001:2015 certificate to support our Quality Management System. We also gained a cyber security certificate which shows our commitment to this issue.
12. To support the development and release of our new software, we have been working on a re-brand.